The following options are available to our patients for ordering your prescriptions:
- Online: Via the link at the top of this page. Please note an account will have to be opened for you to use this service which can be done by contacting the practice.
- In Person: At the reception desk there is a box for your repeat request or you may fill in a request slip.
- PLEASE NOTE DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC WE ARE TEMPORARILY TAKING REPEAT MEDICATION REQUESTS OVER THE TELEPHONE. This means our phone lines can get very busy. You may find it easier to register for online services or consider e-conslt feature.
Your prescription will be sent to your nominated pharmacy and will be ready for collection 72 hours following your request.
A delivery service for repeat prescriptions is provided by most local pharmacies for housebound patients at their request.
Periodically your doctor will re-assess your medication.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
This can be requested over the phone or via e-consult.
For more information please click here.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.